2016-05-03

mixed media doll face


Hi there Elena here.

Today I´ve got something different from me.

Yes, I had time to do some mixed media .... well.......I've tried, this is my FIRST attempt on a project like this.

As all you know I don´t have no idea on drawing.....but a few weeks ago I won at Paperbabe Stampsjuicy prize from Kim and I was very excited in a need to challenge myself trying those templates and stamps.
Kim, hun, you opened my Pandora´s box with this pretty stuff.

Kim asked for a Gothic Whimsy mixed media project and girl; this is what I made

I have not freed yet my mind in this medium so I have not improvised so much

About paintings ...... I started with my acrylic ones, I do not like so much how was turning so I continued with gelatos and Neocolor II, still was not clear what I was searching so I took my H2O ..... to finaly finish her with my watercolor pencils ............. so we could say mixed?........mixed painting?????

This took me much than I spected to finish (not with the templates; in Kim´s videos is pretty easy to work with them and effective they are SO easy to use) but this was very fun time on it. 


One eyebrow is higher than the other but next time ( there will certainly be a next time ) I will fix it with practice.
In my next project I´m going to use my copics as this is the medium which I control most.

The size is A4 and this is goint to be or my new starting art journal cover or maybe a poster ad for my hairdresser


I dressed my doll with a little black lace



Thanks for stopping by.
Elena






22 comentarios:

  1. Great mixed media project. I find mixed media very difficult. You did a great job. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ResponderEliminar
  2. WOW! this is beautiful...Love it. Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Eres una crack Elena :-) me encanta ...

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This is beautiful Elena, I think your mixed media techniques worked fabulously, I wouldn't have even noticed anything about the eyebrows only that you had said, I think it's full of character. I love all the textures and the dimensional layers, wow! Thank you so much, HuGs Kim x

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Fabulous mixed media journal page, saying its you first time you have done a fabulous job. The image is great and love the mixture of colours. Great idea to use lace as her dress. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ResponderEliminar
  6. This is absolutely stunning and do love the colours and how you have created the background, love it and to be A4 size to its great..Thank you for joining us at A Bit More Time To Craft and hope to see you again soon..Hugs Lozzy x

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Nice looks very special. Thank you for joining into our challenge.
    Greetings, Veerle DT - ATSC

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Such a great mixed media work, it's beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at ATSC.
    Greetings, Danoesja

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Gorgeous artwork! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation for the Craft Your Passion Challenges, hope to see you again soon. Helena DT

    ResponderEliminar
  10. This is brilliant... and would never have guessed your first time at this kind of thing.
    Brilliant!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine ( DT ) x

    ResponderEliminar
  11. What a fun project, Elena! There are so many fantastic embellishments that really make this work! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ResponderEliminar
  12. Beautiful project, I love the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at LOC challenges.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Amazing! Wow!
    Thanks for sharing it over at 2 Creative Chicks!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Wow ! superb work !
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge ! xx

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Lovely card you have created! Thank you for participating in the challenge at Nordsalten hobbyklubb Coloring.
    DT Anita Lise

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Really impressive. Love this style. Thanks for joining us at NSHK.
    DT-Brita

    ResponderEliminar
  17. great project. lovely blending and shading. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Beautiful mixed media Project! Fabulous job! :)
    Thanks for joining us at Nordsalten Hobbyklubb!
    DT Maria

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Gorgeous card !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ResponderEliminar
  20. So beautiful doll face!! Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Oh, so beautiful.♥
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Hugs Line.

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at 2 Creative Chicks.

    Deanna
    2 Creative Chicks DT

    ResponderEliminar

Many thanks for stopping here and leave me your comment. All of them are very apreciated. Thanks.
Elena F. SCRAP-lanak GANBARAN